You don’t have to run to a restaurant for this vegan whopper. You also don’t have to eat an empty white flour bun.
- 2 Portobello mushroom caps per person
- 1 Beyond Meat Beyond Burger per person (or another veggie burger, but I can’t promise the same taste results!)
- Sliced vine ripe tomatoes
- Vegan sliced cheese (I like Follow Your Heart Smoked Gouda)
- Relish or sliced bread and butter pickles (please no food coloring!)
- Vegan Mayo (I like Just Mayo)
- Yellow Mustard
- Peel the skin off of your mushroom caps and remove the stems; then rinse them. Place mushroom caps in a microwave safe bowl with a small amount of water. Microwave for 2-4 minutes until they are smaller, darker and softer. Remove from microwave. Let cool and drain water.
- Cook Beyond Meat Beyond Burger according to directions. Place on top of one mushroom cap (gills side up) and add toppings: sliced tomatoes, vegan cheese and mayo, relish, mustard, and ketchup. Top with other mushroom cap (gills side in).
- Enjoy the taste of a whopper without the meat or white bread!
- Category: Main meal
- Cuisine: American, BBQ, Vegan, Plant-Based, Semi-Homemade